New recording artiste in London, UK.


If you like acts like Take That, The Script or One Republic you should like my stuff.
Check out my music on the right-hand side of the page under the heading My Music
or go to www.myspace.com/jackmajikofficial
Like what you hear? Make sure you join the Mailing List by clicking here!



Friday 26 March 2010

James Dean II

Last week I knew nothing about James Dean apart from the fact I thought he looked very cool and did a movie called 'Rebel Without A Cause'. I've spent a week researching him now. There are some very sad and beautiful things that happened in his life but I'm not gonna cover any details of his life because I think all those details irrelevant. If you want to know them you can go to James Dean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and there's also a movie about him with James Franco playing him. What I think is important is what he stood for.

I thought James Dean was this 'Rebel' (a word been thrown about now ridiculously), a bad boy, or that guy at school who is so popular and cool. Well, that is not the case at all. James to me came across like some huge nerd who most likely would be the one in school who gets bullied cause he's so freakin weird, an outcast. To me, there is no mysteriousness around James Dean. It's simple. He lived for his craft. He loved to act. He was a great actor. It does annoy me somewhat that he is actually such an icon now. Not because I doubt he didn't have the talent to be such a well known actor, but because it seems he is so famous because of his attitude towards acting, which was basically, 'Don't act the character, be the character.' This seems pretty straight forward and obvious. If you are an actor, you shouldn't lie, you should act the 'truth'. It annoys me that clearly, this is what an actor should be, and it seems that all these other actors didn't/don't do that, which is why he was different, and why he stood out. Do your job properly or don't do it!!!! Don't half ass anything. If your scene tells you to punch someone cause you're so freakin angry, you fucking punch them like they just cursed over your mother's grave. That's the craft. That's art. The same can be related to anything about life. if you don't do something with everything you've got behind it, to the complete extreme, you're missing out, you're wasting such precious time.

It seems James wasn't afraid to stand up in a room full of people even if he stood alone, which is what everyone should strive for. You just gotta follow your own heart and beliefs and be the best you can possibly be. I do find it so sad that in society, something which should seem so blatantly obvious for everyone to do is just not done. What the hell is going on with the world? Humans are becoming slaves to themselves and prisoners in their own homes and lives. Fuck this bollocks I hate society. I wanna be an animal.













PS: I think the book name 'Portrait of Cool' is so shit and cheesy. I bet if James was alive he wouldn't allow a book about him to be published with that name!

No comments:

Post a Comment